1/7/2021 Brexit

The UK have now officially been independent from the European Union for 7 days - are you familiar with the new regulations when trading with them? Read more here.


The UK has now officially been independent from the European Union since January 1st 2021, and the trading rules with them have slightly changed. They are now considered a third country, and needs to be handled accordingly. Please read more below about what is required when importing and exporting goods to a non-EU country, or call us on +46 (0) 10 - 129 30 50.

What can our customers do?

There are preparations you as a company can make before Brexit in order for us to help you as easily as possible in case of a British exit. One of these things is to make sure you have an EORI number. This is a unique registration number which is used for all custom-related business within the EU. You apply for one through your customs office – worth mentioning is that your organization number and the EORI number are not the same one.

Apart from the EORI number we are also going to need a letter of appointment between you and us. The letter of appointment is needed so that we in accordance to the European Parliament and counsel’s regulation no. 952/2013 can act as your representant when importing or exporting custom goods. It needs to be signed by a signatory.

Certified goods

The companies and businesses trading with products that require certifications or other special approval statuses according to EU-standards will need to controll their permits' validity. Products as, for example, drugs/medicine, food or chemicals which are imported or exported to third countries, require permits from an approved authority on both sides of the trade, and the UK's former automatically recognized autorities might no longer do.

To be sure your cargo and goods is still allowed for an import to the EU, or export to the UK, we ask you to contact the authority responsible for your type of goods for clearance. For more information we recommend you to visit Swedac.

What information is needed when importing/exporting?

When transporting goods to or from countries outside of the EU, we as a forwarder need the invoice for the goods as well as a packing list. Below you find what information is needed on each document:


  • Reference/order number
  • Address/name of the shipper and buyer/receiver
  • The execution date of the invoice
  • Invoice number
  • The invoice’s total and currency
  • EORI number, the shipper’s EORI number and the buyer’s VAT-number
  • Delivery and payment terms
  • Statistic HS-code
  • Cargo information (number of packages, weight, and thorough description of the content)
  • Information about the cargo’s packaging (on pallets, in box or similar)

Packing lists:

The packing list needs to match the invoice and its information regarding the cargo description, the HS-code, original country, worth, weight and total. It also needs to contain the total value and weight per tariff and country.

For more information we recommend you to visit your country’s customs office's website, but you are also welcome to contact us during our office hours if you have any questions!

Phone: +46 (0) 10 - 129 30 50